Highlights from the Singapore Summit :
Four-point agreement in the joint statement of US President Donald Trump ofthe US and Chairman Kim Jong-un of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) at the Singapore Summit:
- The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
- Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula
- The United States and DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
- The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.
What did India have to say :
North Korea's road to peace :
- Dismantle and remove nuclear weapons from the country
- Halt uranium enrichment
- Disable nuclear reactors producing secondary nuclear fuel
- Close nuclear test sites
- End fuel production for hydrogen bomb
- Agree to a rigorous inspection regime
- Destroy any biological weapons
- Destroy any chemical weapons