What is the issue ?
More on the issue :
- The Summit is envisaged to serve as a wide-ranging knowledge-business partnership platform.
- Companies, institutions and government agencies from India and Partner Country (Italy)will endeavor to forge technology transfers / joint ventures / R&D partnerships with an aim to increase bilateral trade and investments.
- The Summit will also facilitate a comprehensive convergence of key elements of knowledge economy (science, technology and innovation; research & development; and higher education) of India and Italy.
- Aerospace, Cleantech, Cultural Heritage, Education, Heathcare, ICT and Renewables are the seven focus sectors for this year’s summit.
- Key scientists, academics and Industry leaders from both countries will be addressing the Tech Summit.
Importance of the Summit :
- It is envisaged that the Technology Summit will help in strengthening, expanding and deepening India-Italy relationship in multiple ways.
- It will also strengthen the collaborations between industries and universities of both countries and would lead to scaling-up of the existing bilateral industrial R&D programs.
- Genesis of this Tech Summit lies in the first CII Technology Summit organised 23 years back in 1995 with an aim to facilitate global technology collaborations.
- After a few successful yearly summits, CII became partner with the Department of Science and Technology in organising these Summits since 2004.
- Yearly Technology Summit benefitted Indian industry and academic & research institutions immensely in forging collaborations with global partners, including policy making which triggered private sector’s investment in R&D and technology significantly.
Some of the outcomes of previous technology summits are:
- Stronger S&T collaborations with partner countries
- Large number of technology tie-ups between Indian and Partner Country’s industry and research institutions
- Bilateral industrial R&D programs launched with Israel, Canada, Italy, Spain, Taiwan, S. Korea, UK, Finland
- Many industry-led collaborative R&D projects funded through Global Innovation & Technology Alliance