What is the issue ?
- Construction of the strategic Zojila tunnel has been given approval by the Centre.
Who will be responsible for implementing the project ?
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways through the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited.
About the project :
- Will be established at an altitude of 11,600 feet
- Total project will cost approximately Rs 6800 crores
Which places will be connected through the project ?
Benefits of the project once implemented :
- All weather connectivity between Srinagar and Leh which remain cutoff in winter.
- Tourism sector will be bolstered.
- Increase in employment opportunities
- Strategic importance for defence personnel.