Bureau of Indian Standards grants first license for Liquid Chlorine on All India Basis
What is the issue ?
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) granted First Licence to M/s Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd for Liquid Chlorine on All India basis
- This is the First Licence granted on All India basis.
Liquid Chlorine and its applications :
- It is usually used as a gas obtained by evaporating the liquid from the metal container.
- It is used mainly in paper, pulp, textile bleaching, water sterilization and manufacture of chemicals.
About the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) :
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- It was established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
- It's headquarters is located in New Delhi.
- Undertakes activities of standardization, marking and quality certification of goods and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.